The Community Foundation for Ireland have announced a #COVID19 community fund for organisations impacted by Coronavirus. Grants between €1,000 and €10,000 are available for organisations focused on initiatives that directly support those most at risk as a result of Coronavirus. The Community Foundation for Ireland anticipates that organisations that are providing small scale emergency support will require funding of around €1,000 to €2,500. Those who are significantly enhancing their services at this time may require grants of up to €10,000.
The Community Foundation for Ireland’s Covid-19 Community Fund is aimed at the immediate needs of organisations impacted by Covid-19 and focused on the following:
* People over 60
* People with respiratory illnesses or cancer
* People experiencing domestic abuse
* Isolated vulnerable people and families, particularly those living in rural areas
* Mental health issues for those affected by Covid- 19
The Community Foundation for Ireland will prioritise:
· Initiatives that directly support those most at risk as a result of Coronavirus as outlined above;
· Initiatives that are responding to immediate needs including food, medication and shelter;
· Those organisations whose projects and budgets are realistic and detailed that outline how the grant money will be spent to support those most at risk.
For further details log onto their website: communityfoundation.ie/covid-19-response-fund